Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Making some mail art today

Since I can only work in bits and pieces during the summer 
I have started making a ton of backgrounds.
They have a twofold purpose...use up some of the vast amount of "stuff" I have, 
and two I then have a huge supply to draw from for later.

The other day I created this background.
I started with a 12x12 sheet of cardstock 
(of which I think I shall never run out of I have so much)
and began adding acrylic paint colors.
Lots of stamping, collaging of scrap papers, doodling, splattering etc
and this was the end result.
A finished 12x12 background to use as is or be cut down for other projects.
This one was destined to be cut down into 6 4x6 pieces to be turned into postcards.

Next I added some hearts freehand cut from Gelli Print scraps,
and some stamping using Club Scrap stamps.
They make me happy, and these projects fit perfectly into my time constrained life right now.

Ready for the mail!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

Wren said...

Gorgeous colours!