Thursday, September 10, 2015

Deconstructed Art Journaling...Girly Swap


Hey Everyone!
Today I want to share the pages I have made for a swap at
DECONSTRUCTED ART JOURNALING
over on Facebook.

This is an easy fun way to swap art journal pages.
You a swapping loose pages created from 8x8 sheets of paper.
It cuts down on shipping costs as well as the chance that your book could end up lost in transit.
Any base works (for mine I am slowly making a dent in my scrapbook paper stash) and the themes are always fun.
A great way to add to your art journal.

I created a video sharing all the pages and below it are closeups of each page.
As I said you start with an 8x8 sheet of paper and fold it in half. 
This gives you 2 4x8 spread and 1 8x8 spread.

The theme for this swap is GIRLY 
and it gave me a chance to use up lots of my Graphic 45 images I was hoarding as well as vintage images I had in my stash.


                                          

This is the front of the first page
The image is from an old newspaper, and some G45 ones were added as well
When you open this is the inside 8x8 spread.
Graphic 45 images, tape and stenciling and stamping.

This is the back.
More G45, some acrylic clock faces, Gesso, stenciling and tape.

Start of the 2nd page.
Another newspaper image, acrylic paint, stamping, tape & stenciling.

The inside features a free collage image from an art magazine,
 layered over papers, gesso, ink and stamping.
A metallic Sharpie was used to add a bit of color to the stamped images

The back.
Paint, stamping, collage image and rub ons

Start of the next page.
Tape, scrapbook paper and a collage image.

The inside is created by collaging over a piece of scrapbook paper 
with book text to only have the 2 sentiments left visible.
Some paper scraps over that and a thing layer of Gesso.
Some collage images and stamping with more metallic marker for a pop.

The back is created with tape, scrapbook papers & G45 fussy cut images.

The next page.
G45 images, die cuts, acrylic paint and stamping.

The inside is more collaged book texts, Gesso, acrylic paint & stenciling.
The collage images were mixed with Kaisercraft flower die cuts.

The back.

Almost done!
This page was created eons ago and I found it while unpacking a box.
The image is from a magazine layered over tissue paper.
The Eiffel Tower is stamped & embossed.
Postage stamps & bling finish it off.

The inside of this one is my favorite.
A piece of scrapbook paper, covered with sewing pattern paper, Gesso,
acrylic paint, and stamping.
The image is the last one from the newspaper.

Now here I should be showing you the back but oops! forgot to take a picture.
You can see it in the video though.

That's it for my 5 Girly pages for the swap.
On to creating for my next one.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



No comments: