Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Do you ever wonder why some people seem to have more talent than others? Give me paper & glue, fabric & thread and I can create something wonderful. Give me a pen & paper and I stare blank all day. My 14 yr old dd doesn't seem to have this problem though (proud mom brag). Give her a pen and paper and man oh man can she create. She drew a reproduction of the National Cathedral for her Honors History class the other day (why you have to draw in history is beyond me) 18x24" done with marker & watercolors-- in just 2 days.
She truly amazes me sometimes.
Got me thinking about talents. We all have them in some shape or form. When and how you choose to use them is another story all together. 
Last night our country elected a new President. He seems to have this  raw talent that is screaming PAY ATTENTION, WAKE UP AMERICA. Will he use it to his full potential? I hope so. I am praying so, but like my dd only time will tell.
All I can say is it's a better day to because one man's talents have been recognized by so may.

No comments: