Friday, August 16, 2013

Dream in Color


Today is absolutely nasty, pouring rain and 65 degrees.
Apparently Mother Nature missed the memo that in Aug in North Carolina it isn't supposed to drop below 70.

To top it off I dropped my oldest back off for her second year of college, it's definitely different when she isn't here.

What's the best way to combat all these downers? Why playing in my Art Journal of course.

I started with a background I made up months ago (tip: make up backgrounds whenever and you always will have one to work with) using Lindy's Stamp Gang mists and a bunch of stencils.


Added some Modeling Paste then colored it with Tsukinko inks.

Stamping and stenciling.
I dug into my old grungebord stash and colored some with Dylusions mist.

The butterfly was from Martha Stewart, it had been sitting on my desk forever...time to use it up.


Feeling better after playing, still wish the sun would come out, but it's ok, it will eventually.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

Linda Pekrul said...

LOVE your work Christy! I'm always intrigued by how you get such beautiful results with your mists. Misting and I don't have a happy relationship! LOL.