Thursday, October 24, 2013

You...an Art Journal page

So this page was kind of unintended.

The base comes from playing with my Gelli plate.
When I am using it I often keep a piece of paper next to me
to use to clean off my stencils and brayer.
This time around I stuck a page from my art journal next to me.
If nothing else I would be getting rid of the blank page syndrome.

The paper took a while to cover.
Several different days of playing with my Gelli plate eventually 
led to most of the paper being covered without much 
rhyme or reason to it.


No more blank page,
instead it was a riot of color and pattern.
To tie some of it together I went over the page using a Harlequin
stencil and some grey ink.
Further stamping with Kaisercraft and Clearsnap acrylic stamps
added to the background.
I was kind of happy with that,
it really didn't need anything else so on to
adding the quote.

Creating the page just made me happy,
so I went with it.
The giant YOU is a clear die cut and little
letter stickers finished it off.

I first outlined the "you" with a graphite pencil but felt it wasn't dark enough 
so I went back around with a black NeoColor II water soluble
crayon to darken it up.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: