Wednesday, October 17, 2012

An Unhurried Sense of Time...

  The Kit of the Month challenge over at the Flying Unicorn was to use the October kit along with the theme of "Time". I wound up going fairly literally with my interpretation. The photo I chose to use is from inside the Musee D'Orsay looking out the clock face at Sacre Coeur. The quote fit what I was feeling. I've been in this museum several times but had never seen the view from here before. We were always rushing from painting to painting trying to keep up with the kids. This time however it was just me and my husband and we were able to meander along as slowly as we wished.


  The patterned papers are all from Kaisercraft and can be found in the October kit from Flying Unicorn. I took the chipboard gears from Basically Bare, covered them with a layer of Gesso, then a layer of Walnut Ink before sprinkling with a bit of gold embossing powder by Tsukineko.
   I stamped some more onto the papers using Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen distress inks from Ranger. The stamps are all from Stampin Up and Club Scrap. I also misted randomly in spots with Crushed Shells Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels (It's one of my favorite mist colors, it's there but not there). There are also a few pieces of Washi tape around the picture and border of my paper.
   Finally just as an added bit of visual appeal I distressed these 2 tickets and stapled them to the paper. There are also some small gears colored with Prima ink sprinkled across the page.
 
  I'm trying to remind myself that I don't need to go go go all the time. It's okay to go unhurriedly through the day sometimes. It's the best way to really see what is going on around you.

  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: