Sunday, October 7, 2012

Moxie Love...sort of

  Sketch 152 was revealed on Friday over at Let's Capture These Sketches. It's perfect for several pictures.

    This was my take on it. While we were visiting my parents this summer up in Maine the girls were able to taste Moxie. Now if you are from Maine you know what Moxie is, if you aren't...It's a local soda that has almost a cult following. It's something you either love, or think is the most disgusting thing on the planet. It has fans far and wide with it's own festival every year, the people who love it have it shipped all over the country.
  I'm not a fan but in the ongoing quest to get the girls to try as many things as possible I had them all have a taste. They were excited at first, soda is a rarity in our house, but as it passed their lips and hit their tongues the joke was on them. I'm just glad I had my camera out.
  I don't think they will be joining the ranks of devoted fans just yet.
 First I dry brushed some Gesso onto my background paper and then misted over my chicken wire stencil with some Clearsnap smooch mist. I used a variety of papers from My Mind's Eye and Studio Calico to make my banners edging all the pieces with brown ink. Scalloped stickers from Simple Stories were place on the top and bottom edges. Finally I used letters from 7 Dots Studio for my title and edged around with a brown pastel pencil just to make it stand out a bit.

 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

   Oh and if you ever get the chance to try Moxie go for it! I'd love to know your opinion on it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That's an awesome sketch, I LOVE what you're done with it!

Lolô Artesanato said...

Beautiful page Dear
xx and tks for playing along with us at Let's Capture These Sketches
Leila
:)