Friday, November 22, 2013

Where are YOU going?


Ever have a day where yo wander around aimlessly?
You KNOW you should be doing something but just can't settle on what, or even where.

This page came about from that restlessnes.
I knew I wanted to work on something but couldn't settle on what. Bouncing around from project to project with nothing really catching my attention.

Then I came to this page.
Several year ago my oldest was bored in class and wound up folding tissue paper into tiny squares and dip dying it into watercolor paint.
She didn't need them for anything so as usually is the case here they became mine, where they sat on the desk forever.

Until today.
I applied one layer of tissue paper using gel medium, wasn't totally happy with the coverage so applied a second layer of the tissue paper on top.
I then swiped Gesso over the page in spots (there was way to much purple & orange before I did).

I then used a wet brush and a very light coat of Silks Acrylic Glaze in Teal Zircon. I love these paints, they cover completely but still are translucent enough for the background to shine through.
Once it dried I added Bolivian Blue in some spots.

BoBunny background stamp and Archival ink.
Followed up with a ton of RubOns (still didn't make a dent in the stash though)

Some ink was rubbed through a Crafter's Workshop arrow stencil and a Club Scrap question mark stencil.


I'm happy with what my aimless wanderings produced. I may not always know where I am going but I definitely enjoy the trip.
Now if I could apply the same energy to the suitcases that need packing….


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: