Saturday, April 19, 2014

Documented Life Project week 16 *Add Packaging*

After a week of having the kids home for Spring Break
I was finally able to do the week 16 challenge
for

The challenge this week….
April 12, 2014 - Week 16 Challenge - Add a cardboard food box in a creative way.


I though for a while on this.
I try to not buy much boxed food, and that that I did
have in my pantry was ehhh.

Then it struck me.
A while back I had placed a big order from 
(located here in North Carolina)
and the box that it came in had some really fun graphics on the outside.
Perfect!
This is the flap as it is closed.
The images were slowly peeled from the corrugated cardboard
and colored with 

This is the flap opened.
More images attached.
Are they not awesome.

Golden Fluid Acrylics in
Chromium Oxide Green, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Red Med Hue & Manganese Blue Hue
were layered on.
This was definitely a case of not loving it immediately
but the more I added the more I liked.

Some clear Washii tape with numbers was added randomly.

Stamping with a Prima stamp and Archival Ink.
A Rebekah Meier stencil by
Crafter's Workshop with more 
Pitt Pens.

Black polka dotted Washii Tape.
(just cause it's fun)
and I pulled out some really old Rub Ons 
to use them up.


Make sure you check out the
Facebook & Flickr pages to see what everyone has created.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments: