Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Memories

It was my turn to start off the sketch round robin at Swirlydoos this month. There were several twists we needed to incorporate on our layouts; specialty paper, more than one pic and rub ons.

I wound up using 3 pictures of my little one from our trip up to Maine this summer. She didn't care that the beach was all rocks, she couldn't wait to get in the water and play. Lucky for her the water was an acceptable 60 degrees (which if you know Maine ocean water that's warm!).  Her pink suit stood out among all the greys of the rocks and I was able to keep an easy eye on her. She had an absolute blast.


 On my layout I used Kaisercraft Magnolia Grove paper for my background. Gesso was swiped and it was misted with Vintage Pink glimmer mist from Tattered Angels before distressing it. For my specialty paper I created a matte for my photos from torn dictionary pages. I also created some flowers using my Tim Holtz die and sewing pattern tissue paper. The 1,2,3 and memories came from a piece of Prima paper. For my rub on I used the word happy.
 I attached my page to a piece of cardstock for more stability using my sewing machine and contrasting thread.

 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

Shona said...

this is gorgeous and what a cutie pie