Friday, November 9, 2012

Nothing Gold Can Stay


   Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost is probably my all time favorite poem. I first read it many years ago when reading The Outsiders by SE Hinton. Imaging Ponyboy sitting in the church as he recited it one morning is a favorite memory of mine.
One of the challenges at Flying Unicorn this month is to create a layout using a poem. The photo must represent that poem. My oldest daughter took this picture last winter at one of her sister's soccer tournaments. The frost on the bushes and grass glittered as the sun came up and immediately brought the poem to mind.

  I used the Authentique paper from the November Flying Unicorn kit and misted with Olive Vine Glimmer mist. I used Crafter's Workshop and Pink Paislee stencils along with ink from Prima and Ranger.
  My poem was printed onto canvas paper and inked before being applies.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Love that poem - I have the same "memories" of Ponyboy reciting it.