Monday, November 26, 2012

Encourage your hopes...

Not your fears!



                 I did this piece for the Logo Colors Challenge on The Art Studios's blog.

 The base is a piece of watercolor paper cut to 5x7. It was misted with Lindy's Stamp Gang mist and then with water for a mottled appearance. I used my Kaisercraft script stamp and StazOn ink in Stone Grey to stamp randomly over it once the mist was dry. For a little contrast I used Gesso and bubble wrap to stamp some spots onto the background.

 The image is from my personal photo collection. I cut it out and after adhering it to the background outlined it with a charcoal pencil.

 The top piece is a 5x7 piece of glass I saved from a broken picture frame. I stamped the quote (from Stampers Anonymous) using Jet Black StazOn. I further inked the edges to draw the eye in. To hold both pieces together I just used a clip found in any office supply section.

  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: