Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Journey



One of the things I really enjoy doing with my scrapbook pages is taking pattern paper and by adding more to it create my own look.

Here I took a piece of Kaisercraft patterned paper and using stamps, stencils, mist, ink and gesso created my own background.
The paper had a subtle pattern to it so first I added more using a script stamp by Kaisercraft and Stone Grey ink. I distressed the edges and rubbed some Teal Damask ink by Prima in spots before sponging Gesso through a Crafter's Workshop Diamond stencil. When it dried I lightly misted with Turquoise Blue Glimmer mist and rubbed Dry Sand ink through another Crafter's Workshop stencil.


 The page was finished of with some Prima flourishes, Petaloo flowers and butterflies, some Washii tape and a tag from Iron Orchid.
  The picture is my 2 younger ones posing in front of a fountain while on vacation in Italy. No matter how much they got on each others nerves on the trip they would still stop and pose any time I asked (now if I could only get them to stop fighting).

 Most of the supplies used on this page came from the November Swirlydoos kit.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: