Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Laughing in Paris


One of the challenges this month at Flying Unicorn is to create your own background.
I have this photo of my 2 oldest girls from a family trip to Paris several years ago. I have to say again, I am SO lucky that they are always willing to pose for my pictures lol.

Almost everything used for this layout came from the Flying Unicorn kits
I really enjoy taking pattern paper and then essentially turning into a new piece of paper by adding all sorts of mediums.
For this layout I started with a piece of Fancy Pants patterned paper and used Modeling paste, a Crafter's Workshop stencil, Dylusions mist and some Kaisercraft stamps



Some closeups of the paste & stencil. I stamped lightly over it with a text stamp from Recollections.
The butterflies are from FabScraps. I misted with the same Dylusions mist I used on the background then covered with clear embossing powder for some shine.


Holding the mist close to the page and spraying heavy I was able to get a lot of drips (I love drips). You can also see more of the Kaisercraft stamping coming out from the photo.

    Next time you have a piece of paper that needs "more" try adding to it from your stash of mists, stamping on it or maybe even pulling out a new medium. Each can add alot to your page.

   Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: