Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Inside you....

Playing in the art journal again today.

I started by swiping several Distress Paints ( Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge & Frayed Burlap) 
all over a page in my journal.
This was followed up by spritzing with water, blotting then 2 different Color Shine mist
 (Georgia Peach & Chartreuse)
 from Heidi Swapp.

Acrylic paint (Lake Mist by Ranger) through sequin waste and ink 
through a Crafter's Workshop stencil.
Stamping with a Prima stamp as well.

The tree was created by taking a webster's Pages sticker negative from an old sheet.
Placing it on my page and swiping Modeling Paste through it.
Once the MP was dry I painted it first with Golden Fluid Acrylic in Van Dyke Brown Hue, 
then over in spots with Honey Amber Silks Acrylic Glaze.
A final dry brush of Gesso in spots.

The quote was found by browsing Pinterest.
I was really looking for a fall quote, fall is finally settling into the area, with perfect days and cool nights.
Yet as the way it goes I stumbled across this quote by
Captain Jean Luc Picard
(yes I am a Star Trek fan)
and knew immediately it is what needed to be on the page.
The desire to always be better, do better, achieve better...
The best part of being human.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: