Monday, September 16, 2013

New Adventure....

Over at Swirlydoos 
I'm participating in the 

This time I am a member of Team 4 and got to lift Erica's beautiful layout.

The twist this month (you know there has to be one)

Will the giddiness ever end? Maybe not, because, of course, we need to have a theme, don’t we? And after much thought, I have picked the perfect theme for September: Beginnings!!!! Here in the Northeast, the school year starts during the first week of this month and it puts me in mind of new clothes, new supplies, new teachers and new classrooms. With that in mind, I’d love to see your take on “new” and “beginning”, using just what these words mean to you.

and this is what I created...
My take on NEW is with this photo of the middle daughter. She is an avid soccer player, playing not only for her club but also the State in the Olympic Development Program.
This past summer the State chose her as one of the top in her age group and sent her to Alabama to Regional Pool training, where she would train with the best soccer players in our 13 state Region (Region III). She was gone for 5 days playing soccer from wake up until bed time.
                                My husband caught this photo as she checked in, 
                                           beginning her New Adventure.
                            

           I used the June kit Brass Shilling from Swirlydoos for the majority of supplies, just about everything else used can be found in the store. 
                            My papers are from Kaisercraft.
                   

  I altered the papers with Modeling Paste, a stencil from Crafter's Workshop, Moonshadow mist from Lindy's Stamp Gang, Silks Acrylic Glaze, and stamping.
I layered corrugated cardboard, and burlap under my photo.
I had these 2 silver hinges forever. To make them fit my color scheme I dripped some Alcohol Ink onto them.


I clustered several types of Prima & Petaloo flowers.
The flourishes all come from Dusty Attic and were colored with Dark Bark Prima ink.
The words are all rub ons.

There is also a bit of Creative Imaginations Doily paper peeking out in the layers.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you head on over to Swirlydoos to see the other lifts this week..


No comments: