Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It's all white now….and it's harder than it sounds!

So while I was checking out the challenges this month on the
I came across one hosted by Denise called
Ok
My interest is peaked.
The rules:
 Your layout must be all white. Off white is ok and so is ivory but no color!
 You must use a black and white or sepia photo. No color pictures.
 You must use a stencil
 Must use Gesso, molding paste, or white paint.
 Must have at least 7 flowers.
Must have at least 1 embellie

I knew no matter what other challenges I did this month I HAD
to do this one.
It really is a challenge!

First off I had to find some white paper. 
Seeing as I apparently have used every piece of printed white paper I created my own background design on a piece of Bazzill Basics.
Using a large crackle stamp by Impression Obsession and white
embossing powder I created an all over background pattern.

My 7 flowers were a combination of fabric ones cut off a strip of tulle
and some Petaloo ones. 
The center beads were gold and I repainted them White with 
High Impact paint from Tattered Angels.

Modeling Paste through a Club Scrap stencil.
I heated it with my heat gun to get a bubbly sort of grunge effect to go with my photo.
You can see the embossing really well in this shot too.
The Moments title is a clear Prima sticker.

more embossing and paste.
You can also see where I melted the edges of my photo in spots,
started as an accident but was a happy one.
The melted edges so fit the photo.

Lace was layered under the photo 
and 2 stick pins were added as embellishments.

And this is my all white layout.
It was most definitely a challenge once I got going.
This girl needs color!

Make sure to check out the challenge thread 
and see how others are going all white.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: