Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mary, Mary


Mary, Mary, quite contrary
How does your garden grow?

It was my turn to start off the Round Robin challenge for my team over at Swirlydoos. I love this challenge and try to participate every month, seeing how the layouts change as the weeks progress.

Spring is just around the corner (hopefully lol) and that was this month's theme. The twist was to include images of spring, ie flowers, seed packets, nature etc. The minute I saw the theme I knew exactly what pictures I wanted to use.

When we first moved to our house 8 years ago I planted tulips in the front circle. I had never done that before and I grumbled as I learned exactly what digging in the North Carolina clay soil entailed. It was say to say I didn't put forth my best effort.
Needless to say the next Spring I had these beautiful tulips popping up everywhere. They made me so happy. And as the years have passed more and more show up. For us it is truly the first signs of Spring. A riot of purples and greens for me to look out on every morning.




I used the January & February kits from Swirlydoos for my layout.

The base is Graphic 45. Once I had done all my layering and embellishing I still felt like my background was to plain. I took the "Art is" stencil from Crafter's Workshop and some Prima ink in Dry Sand. I rubbed the ink through the stencil in random spots. Not enough so you could read the quote, but enough to add some interest and depth to the page. It was the perfect finishing touch.

There are a few strips of burlap tucked in here and there just for some texture. The bird on the branch is a sticker from Webster's Pages that I have had forever. I love how it looks like he is sitting up and watching the little one.
  And for the title, she may be the cutest thing on the block but boy oh boy, as a third child she can be CONTRARY as the day is long. As I started scrapping and was thinking of a title for this page I couldn't get the nursery rhyme out of my head.

 In the end it worked perfectly. :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: