Thursday, March 7, 2013

A few more layouts to share...

I've been busy packing for my crafty weekend getaway.
I get to go spend the next 3 days at Donna Downey's studio with 12 of my scrapping besties. We travel from all over the country for our bi annual get togethers and they are always a blast.
When we get to meet at Donna's Studio....even better.


So since a lot of my stuff is packed I haven't had a chance to do much creating the last few days.
I want to share a few layouts from resent issues of Scrapbook News and Review to share with you


The first is of my little one exploring a corn maze near us. The maze itself was super easy but still it took us FOREVER to get through it. 
We had to stop and look at everything along the way. I think she is definitely the one who makes me stop and look when we are out. She enjoys every minute of every day and wonders in it all.
It's hard to be jaded when she is around.

The patterned paper is from K&Co.
The flowers are from an Etsy shop called Funtoolas. The owner sells the most wonderful handmade flowers. Just a few pearl flourishes were all that was needed to finish it off.

This is me and Dh is Paris in April. He took me for my 40th birthday. Just me and him....no kids! Was I lucky or what?
I think this picture was taken during the only sunny moment there. Most of the time it was grey and rainy, but hey it's Paris. So I wasn't complaining.
The paper is from GCD Studios.
The circle stamp is actually supposed to be a coffee stan from Club Scrap, (next time you are in a rut try using a stamp in a different way) and the rub ons are from Daisy D.
A couple pieces of Washii tape finish it off after some distressing.


Here are big girl and little girl.
The two of them are best buds and if I can find one I can usually be sure the other is close by.
I splattered some Golden Fluid Acrylic paint in spots across the background. The patterned paper is all by BoBunny.
I also created a square around the center of my page and did my journaling that way. The journaling then becomes an integral part of my overall page design.
Framing the photo AND getting the story down.

And Finally...
My oldest graduated this past June from HS.
We were so busy running here and there, keeping track of everyone and trying not to melt (it was crazy hot), that it wasn't until that evening I realized I took 1 picture the entire time.
1---- CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???????
At least I got a good one lol. Oldest & middle posing on the grass after the ceremony.
I guarantee when the middle one graduates there will be far more photos taken. I'm preparing now (hey in 6 years I should be set)

The paper is from Kaisercraft and the flowers are from Petaloo
 So that's it. Just a few layouts from the magazine. I'll be back next week with lots to share from my weekend at Donna's.

 Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments: