Friday, February 1, 2013

Layer it up

Last weekend Flying Unicorn had a cyber crop. Lots of fun and interesting challenges were issued.
This layout was for one of them. You needed to somehow incorporate corrugated cardboard onto your project.
I had this scrap piece from an earlier project and it turned into the inspiration for my layout. I misted it with some Tiffany's Blue mist from LSG to add some highlights and shimmer.
There is lots of layering going on here.

 I think my favorite layer is the brown that looks like a bag. It's actually and envelope that was sent to us from Germany. The USPS did a great job distressing it for me before I even got my hands on it (thankfully nothing was lost in transit much to my surprise) and I found it the perfect compliment to the cardboard. I  did use some pattern paper from Basic Grey and Pink Paislee to finish off the layers.

 I love this picture. It's my in laws on the train between London and Paris. It was the last time my father in law was able to travel with us before he got real sick. We were lucky, My mil sprang for first class tickets, traveling in style I say.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: