Monday, February 25, 2013

Tag share day...

Sharing a bunch of tags today that I've created for Scrapbook News and Review.

I love creating tags. They are the perfect way to try new techniques, color combinations and papers.
They go together fairly quick but the small space doesn't cause you to use up a ton of supplies.

You can attach them to cards, packages, hang on the wall and leave as is. 
I always try to do at least a couple of them a month just to keep the mojo flowing.


This Gothic Arch tag is layers of acrylic paint over book text followed by stamping & more paint.
I did it as a top 10 as to what I am loving about my daughter right now. She's the middle one and often feels overlooked and constantly persecuted (the true middle child syndrome lol). 
By doing up this quick colorful tag I was able to show her that YES we do appreciate and love you!

This tag incorporates inchies on it. The background is a crumpled sewing pattern applied with Gel Medium and rubbed with some brown ink.
There are a bunch of rub ons as well in random spots to simulate stitching. While I do love my sewing machine it's quick and easy to pull out the rub ons.


This tag uses a bunch of Graphic 45 scraps. I save even the tiniest pieces of paper and tags are a fun way to use them up. The black & white image is from an old magazine from my stash that seemed to go perfectly with the papers.
I finished it off with a flower made from book text.


Office supplies are another fun item to use on tags. You can get large quantities cheap and they add fun accents.
Here the background was created with Distress Stains and rub ons. I used some of those hole reinforcers and paperclips from the office supply store. The image is from a package of a sewing pattern and I pulled in more scraps and a bit of Washii tape.

Finally this is my favorite tag that I have created recently.
The background is a painted paper towel that my oldest provided me with. I used a stencil and Pitt Pen to created the circles under the image. I added a collage image and 3 ribbon strips to finish.
The colors on this one are outside my normal color palette but I love how it turned out.
Tags are another way to try new color combinations.


  I hope next time you are stuck in a color rut, want to try a new technique or use up scraps you are inspired to try a tag.
  They are so much fun to do I bet you can't stop at just one.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: