Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Do what you love...


Quick share of an Art Journal page today.

Whenever I am working on projects I always keep
some inexpensive newsprint down on my desk. I use it to clean stencils,
and stamps before they are put away.
Because I can 't ever throw anything away I have stacks and stacks of printed,
colored, patterned paper.

I turned one piece into a page in my art journal this morning.
Had to work quick, we got 1/2" of snow overnight and the little one was dying to go out
(hey in our neck of the woods EVERYTHING shuts down for a quarter inch of snow)

The background as I said is from my scraps paper.
I used a Hampton Arts stamp and stamped the flowers across
the page.
I then went over the stamped lines with a black sharpie to really make them noticeable.

The insides of the flowers were quickly colored with another Sharpie and then 
a little squiggle on each petal with a white gel pen.

Finished up with some tiny letter stickers just writing out…
Do what you love.

And making art is something I most definitely love.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

What a cute page! Love it!