There was an error in this gadget

Monday, February 9, 2009

PAO DOLL

Made a doll today for a swap at paperartistsonline.com
supposed to "represent" me. I took pics of my artwork, resized them and printed out on watercolor paper.
Cut out the shapes and attached to foam core board. Each piece is attached to the other with a loop of wire threaded with beads. Additional beads are hung off the edge for balance.
Found the idea in Somerset Studio Artists Cafe VOL2.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fairies

Made this fairy up for a swap on Paperartistsonline.com.
They go together fairly easy and each one seems to take on it's own personality.
Lots of fun to make.
My fairy has wings made from a piece of tulle layered with thread scraps, embossing powder, micro beads, misty fuse fusible webbing and another layer of tulle. I cut out the wings and sewed around the edges with silver thread.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shoot for the moon!

My little ATC (that took steroids and turned into an 8x9") mixed media piece for my surprise swap partner.
Paper fabric collage, paper stars, metallic thread, beads, tapestry fabric colored with shiva paintsticks and turned into the moon.
Hope she likes

Saturday, January 10, 2009

color palette

So we were given this color palette to use for a swap on www.paperartistsonline.com.
Vanilla, Robin's Egg Blue, Leaf Green, Coffee, & Magenta
   Always a challenge when some else is telling you what you can use. Had a bit of a block for a while and then it "clicked"

Used blue for the base which I covered with jumbo java ink on background stamp. Stamped frame on vanilla cs with jumbo java ink, masked out the frame, stamped vine with acrylic stamp color with leaf green marker, then various flower stamps painted with magenta paint from golden.
Finished off with small bow & the word inspire

Monday, January 5, 2009

paper quilt

in reality they are 4x4" little fat book pages for a swap on Paperartistsonline.com. But once I laid them out I had to assemble them like my first love-a quilt.
All are paper, I used a stack of reversible photo mattes so all coordinated.