Saturday, February 19, 2011

PLAY an Art Journal Page


So here I am, supposed to be getting ready for a hoard of fifth grade girls who will be descending on the house shortly for a Birthday Party Sleepover.

But distracted by a new shipment of Distress Stains by Ranger. I just had to PLAY immediately.
Whipped up this little page in my Art Journal. Some paper scraps followed by a layer of crumpled tissue paper. I then applied Antique Linen, Faded Jeans & Spun Sugar Distress Stains over all of that.

I made some of my homemade paper tape, blocked out a rectangle and then stamped PLAY in using Making Memories Foam stamps & Black Acrylic Paint. Outlined with the paint as well and then added some silver highlights with Silver Lumiere paint.

Sometimes Play Time is the best time.

Now I REALLY have to get ready for the party

No comments: