Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Routine


Given a prompt of 1 word--ROUTINE. I created this layout featured in the June issue of Scrapbook News & Review.
Now my morning routine is exactly the same every single day. I grab a cup of coffee and the local newspaper, sit at the kitchen table and read until I am done.

In order to showcase this I took an issue of the paper and tore it into pieces. Took make it more relevant to me (but hard to see in the pic) I focused on current events I was interested in or world events affecting us all.
Using Gel Medium I covered a piece of cardstock with the newspaper, then applied a light coat of Gesso to tone it down. Covered with a brown Glaze then spray with Mist from Tattered Angels and Luminarte. Finally using stamps from Blockheads and Club Scrap I stamped coffee beans, spill marks and cup stains, embossing a few for added texture.
Took a pic of my favorite coffee cup, added some foam letters and journaling.

1 comment:

Geri said...

so nice! Thanks for linking into artsee bloggers!