Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stamping with Gelatos


Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday this week involved stamping with Gelatos. Now I love love love my Geltaos but hadn't stamped with them before.
I let the 4 yr old help this time as she was practically squealing with delight every time Donna stamped a new image. Course she wasn't seeing flowers, she thought they looked like Mickey Mouse--Oh well in the eyes of a little one.
Because I had some ahem--help, most of the flowers were definitely a bit "smooshy". The stamps are from Club Scrap and my flower colors were whichever ones Ry chose.
Donna used watercolor pencils for her background and stems--For the life of me I couldn't find a single one in the house (I think they went on vacation with my oldest). So I used my Neocolor IIs.

I did learn that when stamping with the Gelatos there is a very fine line between just enough water and TOO MUCH WATER. And it's really easy to cross. That being said this is a really easy and fun technique to play with

No comments: