Tuesday, September 24, 2013

File Folder Mini Album


Once upon a time I saw directions on how to turn
a manila file folder into a mini album 
using your sewing machine.
Now as I am all over anything that encourages me to use my machine 
I had to make several.

This is the second one I made and as it is September
I went with a school theme.
The base is a manila folder and I used quite a few collage elements from 
as well as bits and bobs from my stash.


Layering the front with paper and fabric.
I left all my thread tails dangling.
The Number 1 comes from 
Club Scrap.

Inside the first 2 pages.
Used more stitching to make pockets where I added school theme tags.

Next 2 pages.
More tags, ruler bit, book text and more.

Closeup of some of the library cards etc that were used.

The flash card was covered with Gesso and inked 
leaving plenty of room to journal if wishing.

The back page.
Dictionary pages mixed with fabric 
and machine stitching.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: