Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ultimate Designer Challenge Week 2


The name of the game this week is layering; lots and lots of layering.
For my entry I used the January Swirlydoos kit and have over 10 layers on my page.
I have this picture of my middle daughter eating Gelato in Italy (something we did a lot of while there lol) and layering while still keeping the focus on her was a challenge.


There is FabScraps organic line of paper with lots and lots of distressing. I threw in some Prima Firefly papers. The colors of the 2 lines go together beautifully.
The Road Warrior title is appropriate, she is lucky enough to have traveled extensively in her 12 years.

Not only are there paper layers but also some different trims (I love this lace, it looks just like banners) and some tulle under the picture. The purple flowers are from some Petaloo vines I cut apart and of course some Prima bling.


There is also some stamping over the background paper. I used both Kaisercraft and Prima stamps with Tsukineko Eggplant chalk ink.
I just love how all these layers came together into the final page.

 In the upper left along with some paper and more lace are a few rubons from Kaisercraft as a final touch.

  Head on over to Swirlydoos and check out all the other wonderful layered entries for this week's challenge.

 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: