Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Gelli Printing the day away

I spent the morning filling out my March Madness brackets and eating to die for BBQ at
Saucemans with DH.
Came home stuffed to the gills (Coarse chopped pork, red slaw and sweet potato fries..I'm telling you...TO DIE FOR) and it was either lay down and take a nap or play for a while, I'm in a food induced coma right now so it couldn't be something I really had to think on.

I decided to pull out Gelli plate and play for a while, at the same time make up a few prints for the swap I am hosting over at PaperArtistsOnline.

I'm telling you this thing is addicting. I start with one piece of paper and in a matter of minutes I have them spread out all over the place drying.
Here are some of my favorites:

These 2 are on blotting paper. I bought a lot on Ebay super cheap, then tucked it away to be forgotten. This morning it fell out while I was looking for something else...fate, it needed to be used.
It's 25% rag, I wasn't sure how it would soak up the paint but OH MY GOODNESS!
I need bigger sheets of this, everything was super crystal clear. I prefer the one on the right, the one on the left I added black then cringed and added more. I may cut this down for ATC backgrounds, not quite sure yet, but like very piece of paper here it'll be used.


The next 2 were done with paint colors I had on my desk and the same stencils. The base of the top one was left over paint from my brayer and then I used my gelli plate to add pattern to it. The bottom one is straight on paint and stencils, nothing added. Which do you prefer?




This pattern brought in some metallic gold. If you haven't tried the Gelli Plate with metallics DO SO. It adds even another layer to the overall pattern and depending which way you move the paper will depend on how much or little of the shine you get.


Last but not least is this piece on an old dictionary page. The paper is so thin I had to be careful peeling it up from the plate as it stuck and started tearing in spots. Still I was quite pleased with how it turned out. It's basic printing with 2 stencils, I'll probably turn this into the background for an art journal page, If I don't put it in for swap ;).



So that's the play for today.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: