Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Memories...with some help from Swirlydoos

Every month I participate in the Round Robin challenge over at Swirlydoos.
This month I get week 2 and followed Cheryl.

Here is my take on what she did. I wound up using the April kit from Swirlydoos, it just fit my picture perfectly.
The twist this month (and there is always a twist) was to use a stencil and some goop. Now the twist is always optional and by the time I was working I used a stencil but instead of goop, used mist.
For me it was what worked better this time around

I layered and distressed several of the patterned papers from the kit.

Cheryl used a large doily under her photo. I liked it but wanted my twist on it. I used the doily stencil from Pink Paislee and Coffee Shop Glimmer mist. Gives the doily look but blends in a bit.
The flowers and wood are both from Prima as well. I misted the wood with the Coffee Shop Glimmer mist to color them.

Along the bottom of my photo and mat I used a Kaisercraft rub on. Cheryl used words for her strips but again this was my twist on her design.
The title memories comes from a scrap of 7 Dots Studio paper.
  The Round Robin challenge is one of my favorites each month. To see how the layouts progress from week to week as each of us put our own spin on things is really fun.
Stop by the forum soon to see what everyone else is doing.

  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: