Feeling in the Holiday spirit today
(even though it's grey and rainy outside).
I pulled out this background I created a while back,
my box of Christmas crafting goodies,
put on some carols and began to create.
I have also created a quick video for you on how I did the background of the canvas.
Using Acrylic Paint and Jet Dry (yes the stuff that goes in your dishwasher)
you can create a really cool distressed base for your art.
This is my finished piece...
Here is the video for you.
It's a super easy technique using items you probably already have on hand.
Once the background was completely dry I
stamped on it with various stamps and Solvent ink (i.e. StazOn)
and yes if you look closely my stamping is upside down.
From when I stamped to when I began adding my elements someone (blaming the 8yr old here)
turned it around.
Embrace the mistakes, they add character!
I also used acrylic paint with sequin waste as well as bubble wrap to stamp.
Old Rub Ons from my stash, some paint drips and some misting from Tattered Angels.
There are sequins scattered across the page from when I was cutting up the Prima floral cluster.
Nothing goes to waste here!
The focal cluster is made with dyed cheesecloth, half a doily, BoBunny metal and a bunch of Prima wood and flower. The big red flowers are handmade and purchased from an Etsy shop.
Some washii tape with music on it to remind me of the carols I was listening to.
Tim Holtz white Rub On snowflakes were scattered about.
The white just pops off the background.
Christie! I looooove this! The video was so much fun to watch, and I loved hearing your melodic voice. This background is so fantastic, and I think I am going to take it for a spin. This piece is one of my favorites from you. It's like those gorgeous flowers are blooming in the middle of a snowcovered forest. Reminds me of the Christmas carol, "Lo how a rose e'er blooming." Thanks for sharing this!
Post a Comment