Thursday, August 13, 2015

A little more mail art...

A little while ago I stumbled across and online mixed media postcard swap
being hosted by Ursula Markgraf .
As I love getting mail that isn't a bill I immediately signed up to play.

Super easy, create several mixed media postcards and get several in return.
I can't wait to see my mailbox filling up with fun mail.

These are the ones I created for the swap.
                           

I started with a piece of cardstock 12x12 with the idea I could create a large background then cut the cards to size.
Acrylic paint in multiple colors were swiped across the paper.
Stamping added after using Solvent ink and several different stamps.
Added some washii tape and a light wash of white paint in spots.
The circles were stamped, painted in and then outlined with a Sharpie marker.
Acrylic paint wasdabbed through some punchinella.

Finally some scribbling with a fine black tip pen and a white pen.
The hearts were freehand cut from a dictionary page that I had used to clean excess paint off my brayer. They were then outlined with a Black Soot Distress Marker.
Each card then had a sentiment stamped onto it.


All are ready to go postal (YAY).

I can't wait to come back and share what I receive in return.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.


No comments: