Saturday, August 1, 2015

Making my first DECONSTRUCTED Art Journal page...

I recently joined a group on 
Facebook called DECONSTRUCTED Art Journaling.
Instead of swapping full on art journals we swap pages or signatures.
In the end you get 3 pieces of art to add to your journal.
I loved this idea and quickly jumped in, I'm always looking for inexpensive ways to swap art.
Pages are definitely easier to swap, almost instant gratification, instead of waiting for a book 
to make it's rounds the pages come directly to you.
Absolute fun!

This was my first creation for the swap.
In the end you create a front, center and back page to swap.

My front page is created using Gesso, NeoColor IIs and stamping.

Open up the signature and this is the main piece.
The background is created with acrylic paint, stamping and collaging some 
Gelli printed tissue papers.
I did a little machine stitching up the side and added some Crafty Secrets collage images.

The quote is a Donna Downey stamp on more Gelli printed tissue paper.


The back page is created using
Modeling Paste, A Stencil Girl stencil, and several
layers of acrylic glazes.


Off to get this in the mail.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

To your likings... said...

I love the birds in the main piece. Do you mind if I ask where you found them? They are beautiful! As is you lovely art! I would love to do a swap...how do I get in?

To your likings... said...

I love the birds in the main piece. Do you mind if I ask where you found them? They are beautiful! As is you lovely art! I would love to do a swap...how do I get in?