Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Believe...an altered canvas


Yesterday was a rare snow day for us in the South. 6 inches followed by ice, doesn't happen often but when it does everything shuts down. With no place needed to be I was able to create the day away.
I took an 8 x 10" canvas and covered with layers or crumpled tissue paper using gel medium. I spritzed with Viva Pink Glimmer Mist and various colors of acrylic paint. Rubbed Black Staz on over the edges and added accents with a charcoal pencil. I had a circle created by using a Martha Stewart corner punch laying on my desk and it became the next layer.
A couple scraps of paper from my stash collaged onto the canvas, 2 pink tickets and a Tim Holtz Word Stick. Dresden Scrap butterfly and swirls created with small Star Gems were final embellishments. Letter stickers from Creative Imaginations used for the title.

No comments: