Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stamping with Distress Markers

  I love markers, any and all markers, and when the Distress Markers came onto the market I immediately snatched them up as well. I love all the colors in the Ranger Distress line and the markers fit right in with my crafting.

     I was playing around with them and created this simple but elegant card.

  The base is watercolor paper. I added the color onto it by coloring directly onto my acrylic stamping block with my Distress Marker, lightly misting with water and stamping. It gave the look of a beautiful watercolor background. I used 3 different colors to create the background, Frayed Burlap, Shabby Shutters, and Forest Moss, cleaning the acrylic block before changing colors.

   I dried it with my heat gun loving the variation of color but still wanting to add more. I took a script stamp by Kaisercraft, colored directly onto it with the Weathered Wood Distress Marker, misted lightly with water and stamped over my "painted background".  I added and old rub on from K& Co (I think) and finally to finish it off took my sentiment stamp, colored on it with the Black Soot marker, misted and stamped.

  All I needed to do was mount it on some cardstock to finish it off, and I have a simple elegant card ready to be mailed.
  This card was featured in the June issue of Scrapbook News and Review.

 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: