Thursday, September 11, 2014

1 Beautiful Girl


I'm in the middle of a major clean out of my studio.
Every box, bag, drawer and pile is being slowly gone through, weeded out and reorganized.
When I started I didn't think as to how much time it would take 
(I have A LOT of stuff)
and how it was going to put a crimp on creating.

Today though I ignored the piles and half sorted stuff.
I NEEDED to play, and play I did.
I used the August kit from Swirlydoos and a photo snapped on July 4th of my daughter
in the middle of a block party.
She looks so happy, it makes me smile whenever I look at it.
(those who have teenagers know getting a happy look on their face is often rare)

The paper is Kaisercraft as are the DieCuts used.

The background was created first with Modeling Paste through a Prima stencil, then misted with Glimmer Mist in Trunk Bay and Plain Jane Baseboard in Plain Daffodil
both by Tattered Angels.
Stamping using a Tim Holtz stamp & a Kaisercraft stamp added a bit of a pattern.

The pink pearl strand came in the kit and while I tend to shy away from anything pink it worked for me today.
The large chipboard Beautiful is from Blue Fern Studios
and is misted with Turquoise Metallic from Maya Mists.
There was some final splattering of Liquitex Acrylic Ink across the page with an old brush.
Love me some splatters.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: