Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Take some time to just play!

It's fun to just sit and play occasionally. 
With no plans or ideas on what the finished piece would be the developing process is almost as gratifying as the finished piece.

Today I want to share a piece I did in a play moment.
It started as a 6x6 piece of Gessobord which I had covered with a Christy Tomlinson piece of coffee filter paper from her "she art" line. I had done this weeks ago and then the board just sat, and sat.
Well today it was time to play.

First is a light layer of Gesso followed by some Golden fluid acrylic paint in Cobalt Teal brushed randomly on.


Tsukineko ink in Opera Pink rubbed through a Crafter's Workshop stencil.
Some Dylusions Mist in Vibrant Turquoise misted and dripped in one spot.
Lake Mist paint daubber through some sequin waste as well.
All the layers of color and pattern add so much depth.

Background stamping with black Archival ink and Tsukineko ink in Lagoon Blue using stamps from Clearsnap and Prima.
The quote was printed then outlined with a graphite pencil, smudged, then outlined again with a fine tip Sharpie pen.

I made my flower vine using some Prima flowers and adding leaves and stems leftover from a Petaloo vine I had cut up for another project.
Keep this in mind, just because companies package things a certain way doesn't mean you need to keep them that way.
Cut things up and make them uniquely yours!

The end result had me smiling.

Play time isn't just for the kids, make sure you get some in as well.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments: