Sunday, September 7, 2014

Happy…a mixed media layout


Sometimes you don't need a lot of paper to create a fun layout.
Case in point: this one.
With a piece of paper, some stamping and stenciling I created a happy layout showcasing my little one.

When we were in Amsterdam I took the 2 older girls to visit Anne Frank's house. 
We decided that the little one would be too distracting there and not really understand the importance of where she was.
Her Daddy took her to sit along the canal and have a drink while we waited. 
She had the best time, waving to everyone who floated past.

I started with an old piece of patterned paper.
The stars were created with a stencil from Crafter's Workshop and acrylic paint.
More paint was randomly splattered across the page.
There is tulle gathered under the photo for a little texture (and it matched my stars and little one perfectly).
Finished off with some random stamping using Kaisercraft and Clucb Scrap stamps on the background.
A few RubOns from my stash added around the corner of the photo.

      This photo is from 2 years ago, but that green drink stirrer she has in her mouth....we still have it lol.        
It's a treasure we are not allowed to throw in the trash.

  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Very nice!!! I tend to get 'trapped' into making my layouts too busy. I try and stop and look at it later to see if it needs a little something more.

Laurie said...

Beautiful!