Saturday, November 15, 2014

Be You…BE BOLD!

Sharing another art journal page today.

This one was inspired by a challenge over on the
The Art Journal challenge is held every month and is always a favorite of mine to play along with.
Song Li is hosting this month and her challenge was to
GO BOLD.


Love it!
This was the first piece I created.
I combined Paint, Mist, Stamping, Modeling Paste, Stencils, Pan Pastels,
old felt flowers, cheesecloth, doilies, and last but not least dry wall tape.
PHEW….
I also thought I would share a bit of step by step as I went about creating.
Keep on scrolling to check it out.
To begin I adhered doilies, felt flowers,
cheesecloth & tape to my page.
I then covered everything with a layer of Gesso to give a neutral base.

Once the Gesso dried I misted the page with Vibez Jeni B Blue 
by Shimmerz paints.
Using a wet brush I spread color over the whole page,
then misted more to get some drips.

Did some large splatters with Liquitex Acrylic ink and a dropper.
As I dried the ink I blew it across the page some more.

Once all the ink was dry I stamped randomly with 
StazOn and a check stamp.

Modeling Paste through a Crafter's Workshop stencil.
I then dried the paste with my heat gun to give it a bubbly texture.
When the paste was completely dry I colored it with Orange Pan Pastel.
Since I knew I would add more layers I quickly sprayed the page with workable fixative.
This allows me to continue to layer but preserves the Pan Pastels as it is.

I took watered down purple paint in needle nose bottle 
and scribbled across the page.

My letters were covered with black embossing powder,
melted then outline with a Montana Acrylic Paint marker

A few closeups….



And that is how I went bold today.

Make sure to stop by the forum and see how everyone else is doing.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments: