Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Make a Mess..an art journal page.

It's another day of playing without and end result in mind.

This page was inspired by Song Li on 
the Flying Unicorn forum.
She created such a fun bold piece that immediately caught my eye and had me wanting to create.

This is what I created today.

I covered my page with Gesso and let dry.
Then using a spatula I spread Gel Medium through a Crafter's Workshop
diamond stencil.
The medium will act as a resist for the water based mists I was planing on using once it is dry.

I used 3 coloring mediums here:
First I randomly misted with Heidi Swapp's ColorShine in Georgia Peach.
I love how the mist looks on the Gesso, almost mottled in appearance redder in some places, orange in others.
Making sure to dry the page completely before the addition of more color.
Then I dripped Ayeeda Ink in Sky Blue onto the page & misted with water.
The Ayeeda Ink is water based so the addition of more water caused it to drip and pool in places.
LOVE IT.
You can also see in spots where it traveled around the Gel Medium texture.

After drying the piece completely again I misted in spots with Tattered Angels Plain Jane Baseboard mist in
Plain Daffodil.
The yellow added an extra pop of color as well as mixing with the previously applied colors.
I used my heat gun before the last mist could reactivate the others too much.

Some stamping with a check stamp and StazOn ink.

The title was created by placing stickers down, tracing with a Sharpie marker, and then removing the stickers.
Using a fine tip paintbrush and Gesso I colored in the letters.
I had to go with this title, as I was playing I definitely made a mess, 
but it was oh so fun.

So go ahead…make a mess :)

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: