Thursday, August 1, 2013

Transformation Thursday

It's my turn to host a SGC (Swirly Girls Challenge) over at Swirlydoos and this month I was inspired by something on Instagram.
On Tuesdays they have a Transformation Tuesday, I know today isn't Tuesday but I liked the TT together and so today
Thursday August 1 the challenge is
Transformation Thursday.

What exactly are we transforming? Why paper of course, and in my challenge you will need to take scrapbook paper and transform it into something entirely new looking.
One more bit, you need to use at least 3 different coloring mediums.

Here is the sample I created.
My 3 coloring mediums are
Silks acrylic glaze, Lindy's Stamp Gang mists (Starburst and Moonshadow) and Prima ink.
All have either come in a Swirlydoos kit or have been ordered in the store.
Gesso was also used.
                            

Below is a tutorial on exactly how I created my page.
First I started with a piece of Pink Paislee paper and a number of PP diecuts. Both cam in the May 2013 Swirlydoos kit Au Naturale.

I adhered the diecuts onto the 12x12 piece of paper overlapping and covering each other and the base.

I put some twine on top and then covered the whole thing with a light layer of Gesso.
As the Gesso dried it worked as an adhesive and kept the twine on the paper. No glue needed.

I then painted the left half of my paper with Silks Acrylic Glaze in Bolivian Blue, washed over with a bit of Gesso while the glaze was still wet and then misted over 3/4's of the paper with Tiffany Blue Starburst Spray from Lindy's Stamp Gang.

In the center I misted just 3 times with Buccaneer Bronze Moonshadow Mist also from LSG.

Taking Prima ink in Dry Sand I rubbed in through a stencil in random spots for more texture.

Finish off the page as you wish and voila, you have completed the transformation.
Here are a few closeups for you.

The glaze, mist and stenciling.

more...

Love the addition of the string.

I hope you enjoy the tutorial and head on over to the Swirlydoos site to see how everyone else transforms their paper.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: