Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Documented Life Week 20

Slowly but surely catching up on the week's that I have missed in
my 
Documented Life journal.

As always past and present challenges can be found HERE.

Today I worked on week 20:
Week 20 Challenge - Use a Rubber Stamp in a new way
Did I use a stamp in a new way?
Probably not, 
but I'm happy the way the page turned out.


I used a heart stamp to create wings for the bird on the right.
I also used a flower stamp to create a border,
having only half of each flower on the paper.
The flowers were colored with Faber Castell Big Brush Artist Pens.

The background is on one of the very first Gelli Prints I made.
Book text was torn & glued then colored with Acrylic paint
for the birds to stand on.
The birds are from a collage sheet I have had forever.

Lastly the title on my page came from words cut from a magazine.
I love the idea of what it says, and what it means.
We are all different (and should rejoice in such).

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

Susan Kelly said...

I just love this page. Your art is just so cute in the way you chose to have it match the saying.

Susan Kelly said...

I just started my blog and created a link to your posting. I am new to this and not sure if i made a mistake. does it look like i wrote this by linking it to my blog?