Thursday, January 9, 2014

I am….

A work in progress.

It feels so good to finally get back to creating on a daily basis.


Today I want to share an Art Journal page that I created.

The base was Watercolor paper with some book text
and Washii tape adhered onto it.

Layer of Gesso- thin enough to allow the background to sort of peek through but thick enough to give a uniform working surface.

And then the layering of color.
Blue is (ad will probably always be) my favorite color.
Because of this I consciously try to use other colors so my work doesn't become
stuck in the blue rut.
However for this page….
it had to be.


There are several colors of Silks acrylic paint used for the base and stenciling. 
I love the semi transparency of them and how the dry super quick.
With these bad boys a little goes a loooong way.
I then did a little bit of stamping with StazOn (perfect to use on paint),
and Gesso rubbed through sequin waste.

The sentiment I AM is created using
wood letters by Pink Paislee and colored with
more Silks.
I used my handwriting on the page as well, I am bound and determined to
not be as critical of it as I have in the past.
As more and more technology gets used handwriting is slowly becoming a thing of the past.
I want there to be a record of mine.

The final addition was some splattering of watered down acrylic paint
as well as some dripping.


This is a great reminder to myself that I AM a work in progress…
constantly learning and evolving.

I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: