Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sharing another Art Journal page today.

Been down with a cold / flu for a week and a half
(way to early in the season!)
So haven't done much creating.

Finally starting to feel better and pulled out my AJ yesterday.
Created a page on a base of leftover paint from making postcards a while back.
I always use pages in my journal for the extra paint from projects, takes that blank page syndrome away.

So the base was leftover paint.
I then splattered some Liquitex Acrylic ink in Carbon Black
randomly across the page.
Then some music lines were stamped using Archival ink.

The hearts are leftover painted papers from my heart postcards
aslo a few weeks back.
Seriously I don't throw ANYTHING away.
They were then outlined with a Derwent Intense pencil.
The pink painted scraps also came from an old project.

Dylusions mist in Vibrant Turquoise was sprayed heavily in spots 
and let drip.
A sentiment was stamped on a scrap of Gelli printed tissue paper 
and outlined with a white gel pen.
More doodling with the white pen in spots.

The circles are made using a cardboard tube and white
acrylic paint.
I like how the paint reactivated the Dyslusions mist in spots and drew up 
some of the color to tint it.

Finally there was Distress ink in Black Soot
used with a stencil from Stencil Girl Stencils to add
words to the background as a last layer. 
Think I need a new ink pad, it was pretty light but in the end it was just what I was looking for.

Feels good to be back making things.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

Diana Pease said...

Wonderful page ! just love it.