Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Today is February 14th 
aka
Valentine's Day.

In honor of it I thought I'd share a 12x12 mixed media canvas I did up recently as a gift for my Mom.


The base is a 12x12 stretched burlap canvas by Tim Holtz.
I added some scraps of patterned paper across it and then scraped Gesso over it all using an old credit card.

I scraped some Modeling Paste through a Crafter's Workshop stencil
and after it was dry misted with some Lindy's Stamp Gang mist in Buccaneer Bronze.
A doily was layered under the photo.

Some random stamping and Washii tape.

A Prima vine was cut apart and tucked here and there.
Chipboard was colored with Silks Acrylic Glaze and layered under the photo as well.

A shot showing the layers….


I hope that today wherever you are you are with your loved ones.

Thanks for stopping by and have an extra special day.

2 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love all the great texture and distressing in this gorgeous layout!

Candy C said...

Hi Christy. Thanks so much for your sweet comment. I have to say that I absolutely love your mixed media Valentine canvas that you did as well. What a wonderful keepsake! Love the colors, layers of different patterns and papers and that burlap background really looks awesome! <3 Candy