Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Today: will be what it is….


Playing in one of my Art Journals today.

The base is a piece of Watercolor paper which I glued several
tissue paper tags and some scraps of patterned paper.

Light layer of Gesso and then the coloring began.



Gelatos in blues and greens were scribbled across the page and
then blended with a wet paintbrush.
Once semi dry I rubbed some Gold in areas and then misted with Dylusions Squeezed Orange ink spray.

Stamping with a Prima stamp and a purple Gelato.
The Hearts were created by tracing a Crafter's Workshop stencil then using Gel Medium
to adhere torn book text to the insides.
Light layer of Gesso followed by several Gelatos which I 
blended with my finger.

Modeling paste through a Crafter's Workshop stencil.
This "Art is" stencil by them has to be one of my favorites, 
it shows up in my work piece after piece.

Some Washii tape from a recent order to Cute Tape was placed in spots just because
the circles made me happy.

More Dylusions (Vibrant Turquoise) was misted randomly
through another Crafter's Workshop stencil.

The words I put on are there as a reminder to myself,
what's going to happen will happen.
I can either sit and worry about it or go along for the ride.

I much prefer the ride than the worry.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

TLC said...

Love it - both the reminder and the colours! And yes it will be what it is.

Hope its a great one!

Susan Kelly said...

Very nice! I really like the colors you chose.