Friday, February 7, 2014

The Documented Life Challenge 6 *Pinterest Inspired*

2 posts today!
Whoo Hoo

It's time for the week six challenge of

February 1 Challenge (Week Six) -  Open your Pinterest board and be inspired.*
*Please make sure that you CREDIT the artist or blogger that you are being inspired by - this is very important so that we honor the efforts and property of our fellow artists and bloggers.
Now for me the hard part was to narrow it down to what I felt like being inspired with.
On my Pinterest site I have 5 boards devoted to Art Journaling alone.
YIKES!

In the end one called to me more than the others and finally I was able to create in my planner,
just in time too, challenge 7 comes tomorrow.

This is my inspiration piece
http://artfulplayground.wordpress.com   9/2012

And THIS is what I created...
The background is from 3 different Ranger Distress Paint colors
(Broken China, Rusty Hinge & Peeled Paint).

I used a pencil a roughly sketched out the coffee cup, steam and scalloped borders.

I stamped randomly over the page with a Kaisercraft stamp and then
painted my sketching with a light layer of Gesso.
When it was dry I painted the scallops with Spiced PumpkinSilks Acrylic Glaze.
Dried and then crosshatched with a Sharpie.

The coffee cup was painted with Emperor's Gold Silk Acrylic Glaze.
It provides a slight touch of color yet is transparent enough to see some of the color and stamping underneath.
The scallops were outlined with Liquid Pearls in Onyx Black and the cup & steam were outlined in first Sharpie and the charcoal which I smudged.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

Jo said...

yours is fabulous ... what a great idea to take some pinterest inspiration and actually use it!!!

Deanna said...

Perfect inspiration! Coffee! Love your page!