Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Swirlydoos sketch challenge

So I am a subscribing to Swirlydoos kits.
Every month I get a box jam packed with all sorts of yummy crafting goodies.
Also in the box comes a sketch.

Every month it's different,
and I put them aside fully promising to come back and do it.
An then the month is gone and I never got around to it.

Well this month I managed to get around to it.
YAY

This is the sketch that came with the February kit
Lady Belle.

Here is my take on it.
I used a photo of the 2 oldest as the oldest was getting ready to go back to college.
They fight a lot but when it comes down to it they always have each other's backs.

Everything used comes from the February kit with the exception of the sheer fabric,
doily and Dylusions Black Marble mist.
After layering the Kaisercraft papers I pulled out some of the sheer fabric and machine stitched it to the page.
It brings just a touch of color to the background.
Dylusions misted heavy enough to drip.
The stamping is done with a Prima clear stamp
(this might be my new favorite stamp).

All the die cuts are from Kaisercraft.
The sketch also included flowers but once I had done my layering I was happy as is.
no flowers this time.

Make sure to head to the Swirlydoos forum and see the other takes on the sketch.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

2 comments:

Tracey Gregory said...

Beautiful page!!

Kylie said...

gorgeous job with the sketch!