Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Documented Life week 8

Time to share another piece done for 

This week's challenge:
February 15, 2014  Challenge (Week Eight) - Add a flap to your flap.

I had been working on a upcoming tutorial for 
my mixed media post over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles
which will be available next week.
I was using tags as my demonstrating piece 
and KNEW 
that I wanted to incorporate one into this week's challenge.

The base page is dark colors representing the nasty Winter we have had,
with the tag being bright to represent Spring 
which I desperately want to come.

Here are some pictures to show the tag half opened,
then all the way stretched out.
The colors going from dark to light.

Here is the tag pulled down instead of lifted up.

The tag:
the colors on here were created using a variety of Distress Stains, 
Distress Inks, Dylusions Mists, Gesso,
 and Silks Acrylic Glaze

The stamping was all done using Archival ink.
Some of my circles were created using Silks through a Crafter's Workshop stencil,
then outlined with a silver paint pen.
(my white one decided to stop working ggrrrr)

On the back of my tag
I added a little note.

The fold out connecting the tag to the page.
I love how this acme out.
Distress Inks, Stains, Gesso, Silks Acrylic Glaze,
and Dylusions Mists.

The base page for winter.
This I used some really old Nick Bantock dye inks.
So old they were for the most part dried up.
Still by rubbing the ink directly onto the paper I could spread and blend the color 
with a baby wipe.

There is also Gesso, more Silks, Crafter's Workshop stencil,
Dylusions, stamping with Archival ink,
stamping with paint, Washii tape and 
Machine stitching.

just another closeup of the fold out connecting my tag and my base page.


Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I have created for this challenge.

If you wish to see what others are doing check out the Flickr page, the Facebook page
or search for 
#TheDocumentedLife on Instagram.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

TLC said...

It's gorgeous - love this one too

KarenB said...

Wow, that's very clever folding. I love seeing your ink techniques. As a beginner I really appreciate the close ups and reading about your creative process, thank you :)