Friday, June 21, 2013

Dream.

Today I'd like to share another mixed media scrapbook page that features NO patterned paper.

I really enjoy taking cardstock and turning into unique backgrounds for my layouts.
This one started as a piece of green cardstock from Bazzill.
Gesso was scrapped randomly across the paper and allowed to dry.
Black acrylic paint was flicked across the page for a splattered effect.

Drywall mesh tape,  black tulle, and a piece of transparency were layered under the photo.
I did some random stamping with a Clearsnap stamp and Jet Black Staz On.
Using a Club Scrap stencil I created the title DREAM by sponging black paint through it.

The flourishes were actually one large piece that I painted with black acrylic paint and covered with Holographic Embossing Powder from Ranger.
Once everything was dry & melted I cut it into 3 pieces for my layout.
You can see the tulle pretty well in this photo as well.

another closeup where you can see the transparency.

Next time you don't have a piece of patterned paper to match your photo, try making your own.
You might even find yourself doing it over and over again.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: